All Members and guests are requested to be aware of the following guidelines whilst playing at Royal Hobart Golf Club
- All players are required to carry a sand bucket
- All divots should be replaced and sand sprinkled over the area.
- Do not heap the sand up
- Always enter and leave the bunker at the lowest point
- Bunkers must be smoothed and rakes placed OUTSIDE the bunker in the designated position.
- Unless playing your ball, do NOT walk up or down the face of any bunker
On the Green
- Repair pitch marks on the green, commencing from the back of the pitch mark and push forward with a pitch repairer or tee.
- Complete the repair by tapping down with putter.
- Take care removing or replacing the flag stick that you do not damage the edge of the hole
- Do not drop the flag stick onto the green
- Do not lift the flag stick by the flag.
- Ground Staff have right of way on the course at all times.
- If the pin is removed from the hole by staff, the hole is temporarily out of play and players must not hit up.
- Players must wait for acknowledgment from staff that they are aware of your presence before hitting.
- A local rules noticeboard is located outside the Pro Shop and should be read prior to play.
Dining at Royal Hobart
Royal Hobart are able to provide a wide range of food options ranging from delicious canapés through to full multi course dinners. A variety of dietary requirements can be catered for.
Royal Hobart has played host to significant competitions including the Qantas Australian Open in 1971 won by Jack Nicklaus. Significant Australian golfers have been members here including Elvie Whiteside, Betty Dalgleish and Peter Toogood and Lindy & Mathew Goggin.
Functions at Royal Hobart
Royal Hobart is the ideal multi use venue for all your special functions and conference requirements. With a variety of room configurations available that can cater for groups up to 120 people.